Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Zoo Rescue

I read about the Jell-o Excavation on Tinkerlab.com and just knew we had to do it, given Grant's love of his zoo animals and my assumption (which has been proven wrong on multiple occassions) that boys of all ages must love messy, slimy things.  So here are the animals trapped in a bundt of gelatin (which we conveniently had on hand from my brother and sister-in-law making Christmas marshmallows several years ago)...
And here's the setup after the bundt was dumped (my cathedral bundt really wasn't the greatest shape for this adventure), and Ceci & I had lured Grant in and convinced him to extract the giraffe (who was pretty much freed during the dumping process).  Grant was originally very distraught to see his animals trapped, so this took some coaxing...
So much for jumping right in.  Grant really didn't want to touch the gelatin, so we showed him how to use the spoon to free the animal enough to where he could grab it.
And in case you didn't believe me, you can tell from the face he's making below that he wasn't exactly thrilled with the mess...
 
Ceci helped him with some tool retrieval...
He's starting to warm up to it here, which is when I had to put the camera away, because once he did start really putting his hands in, the kitchen was no longer camera safe.  (Plus, I wanted to put my hands in, too.)

2 comments:

  1. I loved that idea! It's on my list of things to do when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical - loving Grant's expression where he's holding up the zebra. :D

    ReplyDelete