Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Aquarium

The NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island was one of our big adventures of the week.  The highlight of this aquarium was their awesome turtle rescue center, so of course, we took tons of photos there.  The boys got to put on lab coats, pick a sick/injured (plastic) turtle from the bin, take it to the diagnostics station...
 
 
...then take it to the operating table...
 
...then place it in the recovery tank...
 
 
 
...then release it back to "sea"...
...How cute is that?!
 
Dylan looks like a future marine biologist teaching the other boys about sea urchins:
 
 
We were all big fans of the energetic octopus (that I hope I didn't blind since I'm pretty sure I took some pictures with my flash on before I read the sign on the glass. Oops, sorry Mr. Octopus.)
 
This shark really looked like he wanted to eat Hayes every time he swam by:
 
 
 
 
After the boys watched Kyle in the Hurricane Simulator...
 
...they decided they wanted to join him, and they loved it.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment