It turns out having a big bro does make you try things earlier. After saying "poo" several times during lunch, I picked Hayes up from his booster seat expecting to find a dirty diaper, but he was clean so I set him down. He promptly walked over to the toilet and said "poo." So I stripped him down and let him sit on the little potty we'd been using as a step stool. He spent a few minutes alternating between sitting on it and attempting to put his hand in it. I snapped the cute picture posted below and went to help Grant finish his lunch. A few seconds later, Hayes was grinning in the hall and repeated once more: "poo"...and this time, sure enough there was a pile of poo...right beside the potty. While I was cleaning that up, I heard a distinctive splashing sound and turned to find Hayes peeing on the rug behind me. Hayes thinks he's ready for potty training, but so far, I disagree! :)

OMG he looks so grown up here! I loved this story at the beach! so funny! soon enough!
ReplyDelete