Grant really wanted to feed some ducks on Monday. (Technically, he wanted to feed "Papaw's ducks" which I assumed meant the ducks at the pond next to Aunt Alex & Uncle Steve's house.) Since we didn't have time to fly to Dallas for the afternoon, we loaded up and went to the Duke Gardens where there are ducks galore:
But the real highlight of the trip for Grant was this big, bread-stealing catfish (notice Grant's reflection; it's somewhat of a miracle he didn't fall into the pond):
And the highlight of the trip for me was the giant heron that I suspect wanted to eat our catfish friend because he kept creeping closer to us, but had no interest in the bread we tossed his way:
By the time the heron reached this point, the catfish was no longer making an appearance, so Grant was ready to go:

What?! I'm cracking up at the last statement. Looks like you all had a great time. I'm amazed how close that heron got - wow!
ReplyDeleteI'm flattered that he likes my house even though he thinks its someone else's
ReplyDelete