Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Dad

I like doing this little blog because it helps me remember fun milestones with the boys and keep our friends and family updated since we can't all live in the same place.  I usually keep it light & fun, but  unfortunately not all significant milestones are light and fun, and that's where this one comes in.  It's such a big deal and it's left such a big hole in my heart that I can't not mention it, but it's also still too fresh for me to write anything that really does it justice.  Though really, even in another 10 or 20 years, I'm pretty sure this engineer hasn't got the writing skills to properly write up something about my dad and how awesome he was...but if I did, it'd probably be a spreadsheet, and he'd be proud. 

So this is just to say that on September 14, 2011, exactly ten years to the day after I lost my Papaw (my mom's dad), I lost my dad (Grant's and Hayes' Papaw) after his nearly seven year battle with GIST cancer.  A girl couldn't ask for a better dad, and I'll always love and miss him. 

Here he is in one of my favorite pictures.  This is from my wedding day, about a month and a half before he was diagnosed.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. He'd be super proud of that post. You had a fantastic dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much love to you and your family. your dad had to have been a great man to have raised such an excellent daughter and grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo! I agree with Allison, he had to have been great to have raised you. ((HUGS)) And, I confess, I chuckled at the spreadsheet part - such an engineering mind there and I bet he would appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete