Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Gala

Grant's daycare had their "Winter Gala" today, and parents were invited to come in the afternoon and watch their children perform a series of songs they've been rehearsing over the past week or so.  We arrived during snack time.  It was amazing to see two tables filled with toddlers eating peacefully.
Then it was time for the show, but unfortunately Grant had decided to savor his cookie from snack time by slowly licking away at it, and I had to take it away, which didn't go over well.  Note how all of the children are sitting nicely in their chairs singing their song (Row your Boat) except Grant.
Look closely on the left side of this one and you'll see Grant sitting in the corner, probably crying.  He would sing while I was holding him, but since I had the camera, we don't have pictures of that.  (And since my belly is huge, I couldn't handle holding him the whole time!) Perhaps you'll get to see some video later, if you're lucky. 

He finally got over the cookie and into the action when it was time for the Choo Choo Train song. 
 
We don't let Grant take Mr. T to daycare, so he's found a substitute: Mr. B, the bunny hand puppet.  He's holding it every day when I come to pick him up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, cracking up - too cute! Especially loving that last shot. What's a boy to do w/o his Mr. T?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! :) That one picture with him in the left corner is so funny.

    ReplyDelete